Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

unique & original photography

So today I have to brag on local photography/stylist duo Ashley Roy & Brittany Dixon at Three Seven Studios.  This team is one of the most creative photography collaborations I have seen in awhile.  I love how they actually create "sets" with random objects they have on hand to create unique and personal photo shoots.  They also have the ability to put you at ease during shoots which we all know is important when you have someone with a camera in your face!

{pictured on the left is stylist Brittany Dixon & on the right is photographer Ashley Roy}
This is a set they created for a shoot they did for holiday greeting cards.  I love the creative, organic nature of this set.  It really is so simple, yet very beautiful.  They have this amazing ability to create beautiful settings that still allow the people to be the focus of the shot.  Which is how it should be. 




 Here are some stunning examples of some mother/children shoots.  This is a perfect example of what I mean when I say that Ashley and Brittany are able to create adorable/sweet sets using objects that they have.  I love the simplicity of the sets yet they exemplify favorite mother/child activities: reading books, tea parties, and even sharing cookies.






They also do beautiful engagement/couple shoots.   I've included some shots from my own engagement shoot since I was so beyond pleased with the results. 





And of course I had to add some of their wedding work!  This pictures are from my very own wedding on October 10,2010.  I could not image having a better photographer.

{Funny story:  We did my bridal shoot at Westhaven in Franklin and let me say it was quite the adventure.  Not only was I chased, in my wedding gown, by geese, but we had people taking pictures of me on their cell phones as we were doing the shoot.  It was so much fun and we had such a great time laughing about all of that.  It really made the experience, not only more fun, but very memorable.}


Check out their website and go get some photos done!  There is always an occasion for a photo shoot!

1 comment:

  1. wow! beautiful photos! i love these.
    i wanted to say thanks for your sweet comment about my new slipcover...and let you know i used a painter's dropcloth, actually two. they were 15'x12' and i used about 1 and a half. it was really cheap and i love the look :)

    ReplyDelete